About the Trust
The Boston Witham Academies Federation is committed to working in partnership to raise achievement for all. Every academy within the Trust places great emphasis on providing a caring environment where each young person is supported in their personal development, meeting all their needs, as well as ensuring that each child and young person reaches and often exceeds their academic potential.
We are a well established multi academy trust with a supportive leadership and central team. As all our academies are based around Boston and Spalding the chance of sharing best practice and collaborative working is second to none.
- We offer extensive development opportunities including our exciting aspiring leaders programme. We are keen to promote from within, so if you are looking for a career with real potential for progression, then BWAF is the place for you.
- We ensure our staff wellbeing. All staff have access to a 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme to help employees manage stress, access specialist counselling and information and feel supported.
- Helping you plan for the future. Teachers joining the Trust will become a member of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. For support staff we adopt the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most competitive in the country.
- Candidates moving within the county without a break in service can be reassured that continuous service will be honoured.
The application processes
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation
We would encourage applicants to visit the academy to the discuss the role and meet our passionate, welcoming team.
Applications can be found on our website, alternatively you can call our recruitment team on 01205 319507 to request a form.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the below address:
HR Recruitment, Haven High Academy, Marian Road, Boston, PE21 9HB.
Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible after the closing date and candidates who meet the right criteria will be taken forward. We aim to contact all successful candidates within two weeks of the closing date. Unfortunately, due to the high number applicants for some positions we are unable to contact all unsuccessful candidates.
Unless requested otherwise all references will be obtained before interview for shortlisted candidates and employers may be contacted for further information. Should you not wish for your references to be called before interview please make the recruitment team aware.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before interview with a schedule for the day. Candidates should be aware that as part of the interview process any gaps and discrepancies on their application will be explored further.
Any offers of employment will be made as soon as possible after the interview and will be subject to satisfactory background checks.
We are always happy to provide feedback for unsuccessful candidates and would encourage all candidates to provide feedback on the process be this positive or negative.
Lincolnshire is shaped by a rich tapestry of fascinating heritage, passionate people and interesting traditions. Each year thousands of people to choose to live in Lincolnshire for the quality of life it has to offer, with a real mix of city living and idyllic villages.
Boston is an historic market town in a rural location with a population of approximately 60,000 people. Situated in the East of the beautiful county of Lincolnshire it has easy access to sandy beaches, the Lincolnshire Wolds – a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and the City of Lincoln. Boston boasts very competitive house prices, whilst being subject to further housing developments to cater for its popularity. Boston is easily accessible by rail or road, with London only two hours away by train.
Our employees live in variety of areas with some living in Boston/Spalding while others commute from places such as Lincoln, Newark, Horncastle, Gainsborough and Peterborough.
Temporary IT Field Technician
Full Time 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Temporary 12 months
Salary: G3.6-G3.9 £18,562.00-£19,698.00 per year
The IT Field Technician will work within the IT Services Team to provide first line support, both remotely and in person, to end users across the Trust.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES
- Delivering a high level of customer service to customers both remotely and face to
- Providing remote and in-person support to end users with hardware and software
- Receiving and logging incidents into the Trust’s IT Service Desk, ensuring that all
required information is collected from the customer in order to prioritise incidents
- Assessing and assigning priorities to tickets and ensuring that all issues are
escalated in line with company policy in a timely manner.
- Meeting KPI’s ensuring that customer incidents and requests are resolved within the
- Escalating Problems and Trends to 2nd and 3rd Line Support.
- Following predefined Incident & Service Request Management and Change
- Maintain Software and Hardware Asset Management.
- Be aware of current Health and Safety, Data Protection, GDPR and other IT related
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven background working within an IT support role.
- Must be articulate, possess excellent IT and communication skills and work well
- Experience in the deployment and management of Windows 10 clients.
- A good knowledge of end user hardware and software applications.
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
One or more of the following qualifications would be desirable:
- Computing Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Certification as an IT Technician (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc…)
Please e-mail your completed application form before the closing date of 12 noon on Friday 15th January 2021 to Recruitment@bwaf.net
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We operate DBS safeguarding procedures.
Applicants invited for interview will be required to complete our standard application form in order to progress their application.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
CHIEF EDUCATION OFFICER
The Boston Witham Academies Federation
Salary – Competitive
The Boston Witham Academies Federation (BWAF) are looking to appoint an innovative, experienced, and dynamic Chief Education Officer (CEdO) to help lead the Trust into the next stage of its development. The Trust currently educates 3,500 fantastic learners and employs 450 team members in the Boston and Spalding area of Lincolnshire. As a MAT with both primary and secondary pupils we are looking for a CEdO with experience in, and a passion for, both primary and secondary education. This is a varied and interesting role for an experienced educational professional and includes the line management of our brilliant team of Headteachers, Central Education Team and Extended Services Team.
The Chief Education Officer forms part of the Trust Executive Team and the successful candidate will work with the CEO, COO and CFO to lead the strategic educational development of the Trust. We are looking for someone who has a sound and up to date knowledge of educational policy, leadership, developments and implications for in-school practices in primary and secondary settings. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate clear evidence of outstanding leadership as a Headteacher and as an Executive Leader such as a current MAT system leader, local authority leader or equivalent. The successful candidate must have high expectations for themselves and the people they work with, be committed to providing a high quality service to our academies and be highly adaptive and responsive to change.
This is a full time role, based in Boston and you will report to the Chief Executive Officer. Salary is competitive and will reflect the post holder’s skills, experience and current salary.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure and Barring Service as part of BWAF pre-employment checks.
Please submit your completed application form, along with a covering letter detailing salary expectations to Sarah Grundy, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Sarah Grundy, HR Manager on the above email address or on 01205 337050
Closing Date- Monday 1st February 2021 at noon.
Interviews will be held on 9th and 10th February 2021.